BUSINESS dEVELOPMENT eXECUTIVE
Founded in 2016 by a father and son team, BlackCurve helps ecommerce companies find the optimal price for their goods/services through advanced pricing algorithms and machine learning.
Many businesses still manage their pricing on Excel, and rely on traditional pricing techniques that do not maximise profit opportunities.
Put against a backdrop of increased competition in online retail, the Amazon effect, and Brexit – pricing has become more critical than ever to get right. For companies that do find their pricing sweet spot, the financial rewards are immense.
As a Business Development Executive, you will be given a list of prospective target customers (both warm leads and cold leads), and will be required to contact them via phone and email, with a view to get interested parties booked onto an introductory web demo with another member of the sales team.
Successful candidates will quickly progress to running online web demos themselves, with a revised commission plan to suit.
Target clients will largely consist of, but will not be limited to, small and mid-sized online retailers and travel companies. This role is an inside sales position working in our London HQ.
In this role, you will need to
- Become an expert in identifying challenges that our prospective customers face.
- Serve as a brand enthusiast for the BlackCurve suite of products and solutions.
- Reach out to cold target customers, and build up rapport and interest in BlackCurve.
- Follow up on highly qualified opportunities.
- Bring your thinking, strategies, and ideas to advance our company’s values, unique culture, and vision for the future.
You should have
- Experience within a sales team that produces and exceeds their goals consistently.
- Experience in a startup environment, if possible.
- At least 1 year of selling experience.
- Experience in a Business Development Role or cold-calling sales environment.
- Experience working with small to medium business owners and executives.
- A sharp focus on your goals.
- Emotional intelligence.
- A powerful work ethic.
- Tons of energy, passion, humor, compassion, and enthusiasm.
- Superior communications skills.
- Exceptional closing skills.
- Expert with MS Office Suite and/or Google Apps.
- Offer value, value, value - to anyone who interacts with us
- Speed rules - we focus on getting things done quickly
- Excellent support - to each other and our customers
- Stay nimble - to keep learning new skills and taking on new challenges
- No question is a stupid question - we are empowered to dive straight into challenges
BlackCurve is committed to being an equal opportunities employer.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join BlackCurve at an exciting stage in our journey. Please see our recent notification about our fund raise here: https://blog.blackcurve.com/blackcurve-raises-seed-investment.
You don’t need to be the finished article yet, provided you have the desire to help us build something special and are truly excited by the prospect of joining us and taking a key role in a growing, revenue-generating startup team.
BlackCurve Solutions Ltd
Unit 413, The Print Rooms
164 - 180 Union Street
London, SE1 0LH
£25K + Uncapped Commission
Please send your CV and a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.